GE Appliances (GEA), a Haier company has been named to the Seramount, part of EAB Inclusion Index-a recognition of companies for creating an inclusive workplace. GEA was among the 54 organizations recognized for creating an inclusive workplace, receiving a 60 percent or higher score. This year, 175 organizations applied to participate in Seramount’s 2022 Inclusion Index.
“We are honored to be recognized for our commitment to inclusion and diversity,” said Rocki Rockingham, Chief HR Officer of GE Appliances. “We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GEA. We know our differences are our greatest strength and that helps us become the employer of choice for top, diverse talent globally and across the U.S.”
The Inclusion Index helps organizations understand trends and opportunities in demographic representation, creates a road map to drive internal change, and identifies diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) benchmarks to get even better. Organizations provided data and were measured in three key areas: best practices in the recruitment, retention, and advancement of people from underrepresented groups—women, racial/ethnic minorities, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people; inclusive corporate culture, including leadership accountability; and demographic diversity for women and racial/ethnic minorities. Results reveal opportunities for all organizations to target their diversity and inclusion efforts for greater effectiveness.
“We are pleased to see corporations continue to focus on their DEI efforts effectiveness by evaluating their accountability measures through precise metrics that pinpoint any challenges and create opportunities for next steps” says Katie Oertli Mooney, Managing Director of Diversity Best Practices at Seramount. “We are proud to recognize our Inclusion Index companies for their progress and dedication to creating inclusive workplaces where all talent is valued and set up for their own success.”
Highlights of GEA’s initiatives supporting inclusion and diversity in the workplace include:
- GEA Way Forward Goal to reach 40% women and 40% people of color representation by 2025.
- Establishing Inclusion & Diversity Talent Councils that help ensure a diverse interview process.
- Affinity Networks that bring employees together—providing safe spaces for people to network and help drive powerful change in the workplace.
- A Women’s Affinity Network that helps advance women in the workplace and works to increase representation and opportunity for women at all levels of the business.
- Expanding our benefits to meet the needs of an increasingly diverse workforce, including offering health coverage to domestic partners, comprehensive coverage for transgender employees, and 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave.
- Holding company leaders accountable for participation in inclusion and diversity activities, including unconscious bias and cultural competency trainings.
- A CEO committed to equity: CEO Kevin Nolan served as Community Investment Chair for Metro United Way—an organization aimed at addressing the gaps that exist in education, income, health, housing and racial equity across the region. Nolan also joined 1,400 of the world’s leading companies to sign the CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion and has aligned the company’s corporate giving efforts to support equity and inclusion.
Looking to grow your career at a company that puts its people first? Visit our careers page at https://careers.geappliances.com/
About GE Appliances
GE Appliances strives to make the world a better place and is committed to leading in the communities where its 14,000 employees live and work. A purpose-rooted and passion-driven organization, GE Appliances believes there is always a better way. Its corporate headquarters is in Louisville, Ky., and it sells products under the Monogram®, Café™, GE Profile™, GE® Appliances, Haier, and Hotpoint brands. Its appliances, which are in half of all U.S. homes., include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems, water heaters, wine & beverage centers, and small appliances.
Seramount, part of EAB, is a strategic professional services and research firm dedicated to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace. For over four decades we have partnered with 450 of the most iconic companies in the world. This has allowed us to build a deep, data-driven understanding of the employee experience, which lays the groundwork for everything we do. Seramount provides best practice research, leadership skill-building, expert advisory and custom research, and implementation tools to DEI leaders within the organizations it serves. We meet each partner’s needs no matter where they are on their journey and guide them along an ever-changing talent landscape. Learn more at seramount.com.